India is known for its diverse culture and cuisines that reflect the country’s heritage and traditions. From savory curries to sweet desserts, Indian cuisine has something to offer for everyone. In this article, we will explore some of the best Indian foods and their prices.
- Butter Chicken – Butter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a popular North Indian dish that is loved by many. It consists of tender chicken pieces cooked in a creamy tomato-based sauce with a blend of Indian spices. Butter Chicken is usually served with Naan or Rice. The price of Butter Chicken in India can range from INR 150 to INR 500 (USD 2-7).
- Biryani – Biryani is a popular rice dish that is made with a blend of spices, rice, and meat or vegetables. It originated in the Mughal era and has since become a staple in Indian cuisine. Biryani can be made with various types of meat, such as chicken, mutton, or beef, or with vegetables for a vegetarian option. The price of Biryani in India can range from INR 100 to INR 500 (USD 1-7).
- Chole Bhature – Chole Bhature is a popular dish from the North Indian state of Punjab. It consists of a spicy chickpea curry called Chole and a deep-fried bread called Bhature. Chole Bhature is usually served with a side of onions, pickles, and a sweet tamarind chutney. The price of Chole Bhature in India can range from INR 50 to INR 150 (USD 1-2).
- Dosa – Dosa is a popular South Indian dish that is made with a fermented rice and lentil batter. It is a crispy, savory pancake that is usually served with coconut chutney and sambar, a lentil-based vegetable stew. Dosa is a versatile dish that can be filled with various fillings, such as potatoes, onions, or cheese. The price of Dosa in India can range from INR 30 to INR 100 (USD 0.5-1.5).
- Vada Pav – Vada Pav is a popular street food from the state of Maharashtra. It consists of a deep-fried potato fritter called Vada, sandwiched between two slices of bread called Pav, and served with spicy chutney. Vada Pav is a cheap and filling snack that is popular among college students and office workers. The price of Vada Pav in India can range from INR 10 to INR 50 (USD 0.1-0.7).
- Samosa – Samosa is a popular snack that is found all over India. It consists of a crispy pastry shell filled with spiced potatoes, peas, and sometimes meat. Samosas are usually served with a sweet and spicy tamarind chutney. They are a cheap and convenient snack that can be found at street stalls and restaurants throughout the country. The price of Samosas in India can range from INR 10 to INR 50 (USD 0.1-0.7).
- Gulab Jamun is a popular dessert that is made with milk solids, flour, and sugar syrup. It is a deep-fried dumpling that is soaked in a sweet syrup flavored with cardamom and rose water. Gulab Jamun is a rich and indulgent dessert that is usually served at weddings and other special occasions. The price of Gulab Jamun in India can range from INR 20 to INR 100 (USD 0.3-1.5).
In addition to these street foods, there are many other delicious and affordable options to choose from in India. Whether you are in a big city or a small town, you are sure to find something that will tantalize your taste buds. Just be sure to take precautions to avoid any stomach upset by sticking to vendors with clean and hygienic food practices.